LRRT call for submission for the Jesse H. Shera Awards
For Immediate Release
Program Manager for Round Tables
American Library Association
CHICAGO — The Library Research Round Table of the American Library Association announces the 2020 Jesse H. Shera Award for Distinguished Published Research. The deadline for submitting entries is Jan. 31, 2020. The LRRT Shera Award Committee will judge the entries for the competition. The decision of the Committee will be announced by the LRRT Steering Committee Chair, prior to the Annual Conference.
- All entries must be research articles published in English during the 2019 calendar year.
- Articles may be nominated by any member of LRRT or by the editors of research journals in the field of library and information studies. No one may nominate more than two articles.
- All nominated articles must relate in at least a general way to library and information studies. Any research method is acceptable.
- Authors of nominated articles need not be LRRT members.
- Articles by joint investigators are eligible, as are articles generated as a result of a research grant or other source of funding.
- Research articles will be judged on the following points:
o Definition of the research problem;
o Application of research methods;
o Clarity of the reporting of the research;
o Significance of the conclusions, as judged by the Committee.
- The author(s) of the winning article will receive a Certificate.
To nominate or submit an article (or articles) for the 2020 competition, e-mail an electronic copy of each article along with a cover letter, both in PDF format to: Audrey Church (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: Shera Award, Published Research.