ALA Conferences Opens 2023 Annual Conference & Exhibition Poster Session Submissions
For Immediate Release
Deputy Director, Conference Content and Engagement
American Library Association / Conference Services
Chicago – The American Library Association invites submissions for Poster Sessions at the 2023 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition, to be held in Chicago, June 22-27, 2023. The submission site is now closed.
Poster Sessions provide an opportunity to share innovative library programs, research on emergent issues, strategic initiatives, such as those furthering equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility, among many other topics. This year’s Poster Sessions include the following categories:
- The Collectors - posters on acquisitions; cataloging and classification; collection development and management; history; preservation; serials; and special collections (co-sponsored by Core)
- Diversity Fair – posters highlighting library services, programs, and collections to underserved and underrepresented communities (co-sponsored by the Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services)
- The Educators – posters on education, including but not limited to: library instruction; distance learning; continuing education; literacy; and research methodologies (co-sponsored by Continuing Education and ALA Editions | Neal Schuman)
- Global Solutions – posters by international librarians and librarians working on international projects that highlight successful ideas, studies, a practical problem-solving effort, or an innovative library program (co-sponsored by the International Relations Round Table)
- Infrastructure - posters on buildings and equipment, management, and technology (co-sponsored by Core)
- Outreach and Engagement - posters on community outreach and engagement; programming and events; interlibrary loan and cooperation; cooperation with non-library institutions and agencies; public awareness; communication and marketing; library services to special groups; reference and information services; and user experience (co-sponsored by the Public Programs Office and RUSA)
Poster Session participants create boards with pictures, data, graphs, diagrams, and narrative text and informally discuss their posters with conference attendees during assigned blocks of time on Saturday, June 24, or Sunday, June 25, 2023.
The deadline to submit a poster proposal is Wednesday, March 15, 2023. After a review and selection process, applicants will be notified in April whether their submission has been accepted for ALA Annual.
To submit a Poster Session proposal go to: https://www.abstractscorecard.com/cfp/submit/login.asp?EventKey=WKWVNNRC
You must create a username and password for the site before starting your application.
For Annual Conference and other ALA updates, visit the 2023 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition website, follow hashtag #ALAAC23 and social media: ALA Twitter, @ALAConferences Twitter, ALA Facebook, and Instagram.