Women in Librarianship and Wellness webinar
For Immediate Release
Beatrice Calvin, MA, CWWS, CDF
Manager, Professional Development
Office for Human Resource Development and Recruitment
The ALA Committee on the Status of Women in Librarianship (COSWL) will present a complimentary webinar “Women in Librarianship and Wellness” on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 2:00 pm (ET)/1:00 pm (Central). Register now.
Recent natural and man-made crises around the world have significantly impacted library workers' wellness. Join the ALA Committee on the Status of Women in Librarianship for a lively conversation with library leaders sharing recommendations and best practices on how we can foster wellness for ourselves and others. The format includes a rapid round of brief presentations from the speakers and a question-and-answer session.
- Emily Drabinski, soon to be ALA President-Elect, and Chief librarian at The Graduate Center, City University of New York
- Shauntee Simpson, President of the Black Caucus of the American Library Association, and Manager of School Outreach for The New York Public Library
- Cindy Hohl, Past President of the American Indian Library Association, and Kansas City Public Library's Director of Branch Operations
- Robin Kear, Faculty Librarian, University Senate President at the University of Pittsburgh
- Moderator: Loida Garcia-Febo, Chair COSWL, ALA President 2018-2019, and International Library Consultant
Register now. Space is limited. This webinar will be recorded and made available to registrants who may not be able to attend the live event.
The ALA Office for Human Resource Development and Recruitment (HRDR) serves as liaison to the ALA Committee on the Status of Women in Librarianship (COSWL).