Maximizing relevance and results using library marketing
For Immediate Release
American Library Association
CHICAGO — Effectively marketing libraries by persuasively communicating their relevance is key to ensuring their future. Speaking directly to those in senior leadership positions, Cordelia Anderson’s new book “Library Marketing and Communications: Strategies to Increase Relevance and Results,” published by ALA Editions, lays out the structural and organizational changes needed to help libraries answer the relevance question and maximize their marketing and communications efforts. Focusing on big-picture strategies, she shares lessons learned from her 20+ year career in library marketing and communications. No matter what type or size of library you help to lead, by reading this book you will:
- gain insight into why libraries need to tell their stories more effectively than they are today;
- be able to craft a strategic roadmap for marketing your library and communicating its value in a variety of ways that resonate with key audiences;
- see why improvements to the structure of your marketing and communications team can lead to better results;
- learn practical methods for incorporating audience research into your planning;
- know how to remove customer barriers and discontinue practices that are thwarting your marketing efforts;
- receive guidance on preparing for potential crises;
- understand how to be more community-focused by forming and sustaining partnerships; and
- feel confident in engaging with stakeholders so that they become your library’s best ambassadors.
During her tenure as director of marketing and communications for Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, Anderson implemented many innovative marketing and communications strategies, earning her team the inaugural Library Journal Marketer of the Year Award and two John Cotton Dana Awards. She now runs her own consulting company, working with clients such as libraries, educational organizations, nonprofits, and government agencies. A popular public speaker, she presents at many meetings and conferences; her keynote address at the 2018 Library Marketing and Communications Conference was the inspiration for this book.
Many book retailers and distributors are experiencing service disruptions or delays, including Amazon. For speediest service, order direct from the ALA Store. ALA Store purchases fund advocacy, awareness and accreditation programs for library and information professionals worldwide. ALA Editions | ALA Neal-Schuman publishes resources used by library and information professionals, scholars, students, and educators to improve programs and services, build on best practices, enhance pedagogy, share research, develop leadership, and promote advocacy. ALA authors and developers are leaders in their fields, and their content is published in a variety of print and electronic formats. Contact ALA Editions | ALA Neal-Schuman at email@example.com.