New from Core...Quickly Implement a Contactless Service for your Library in this Oct. 27 webinar
For Immediate Release
Program Officer, Continuing Education
Core: Leadership, Infrastructure, Futures
American Library Association
Learn the latest techniques for planning and implementing a contactless hold, pickup service to keep you and your library safe. The Loyola University Chicago staff developed a successful model over this summer with very limited time. The presenters will share examples of the related services that other libraries have implemented and what methods worked for their library space. Even when contactless pickup may no longer be necessary, these are techniques that libraries can apply to create similar services and adapt to new realities.
Core: Leadership, Infrastructure, and Futures will present the webinar “Rapidly Implementing a Contactless Service,” on Tuesday, October 27, from 1:00 – 2:00 pm, Central Time.
In this 60-minute webinar, you will learn:
- New systems and processes to consider in designing and implementing a contactless service model.
- How to quickly assess and respond to potential problems while implementing a contactless service model
- How to Integrate relevant techniques in designing services at their own institutions.
Who should attend:
Library staff who are or may be involved in responding to the safety needs of an institution, particularly within academic environments.
Chris Martin has been Head of Access Services at Loyola University Chicago Libraries since 2016, and was formerly Head, Access Services at North Dakota State University Libraries. He received his MLIS from the University of Alabama. He became a member of LITA in 2018, and served on the Planning Committee for the 2020 Core Virtual Forum.
Margaret Heller has been Digital Services Librarian at Loyola University Chicago since 2013, and prior to that was at Dominican University. She received her MLIS from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She is the author of Community Technology Projects: Making Them Work, published by ALA Editions in 2019, and numerous blog posts and other web publications, focusing on scholarly communications, privacy, and information technology policy. Active in ALA, she most recently served on the LITA Board of Directors.
- $43 - Core Member
- $59 - Non-member
- $129 - Groups (Includes a link to share with others in your institution for safe distance viewing)
- Free for ALA/Core Student Members
Can’t attend the live event? No problem! All registrants will receive a link to the recorded session for later viewing at your convenience.
How to Register:
- Online: Complete the individual webinar online registration form. Sessions are listed by date, and you must log in.
- By phone: 1-800-545-2433 (press 1 to reach our customer service representatives)
- By mail: Click Register by mail for the session you would like to attend. (If you receive an error message after clicking the "register by mail" link, right-click the link and save the form to your computer.)
Core Code of Conduct: Please review the Statement of Conduct before registering.
Tech Requirements: A computer with Internet access and media player software is required. A high-speed connection and headphones are recommended. Core webinars are hosted through GoToWebinar. Check to see if your system supports GoToWebinar. Test your connection or audio.
For questions about registration: contact ALA Registration at 1-800-545-2433 and press 1 or email email@example.com.
For all other webinar questions or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALA and Core are committed to supporting our members, staff, and all librarians and library workers during these uncertain times. We will continue to offer online learning opportunities and will do our best to accommodate the remote needs of our attendees. We will also continue to offer group registration, providing individual logins for each group member registered for Core webinars. Please contact Core with any questions or concerns.