Registration open for YALSA’s virtual 2020 YA Services Symposium
For Immediate Release
Program Officer for Events and Conferences
Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)
CHICAGO — Registration for YALSA’s 2020 YA Services Symposium, which takes place virtually November 6-8, is now open. Early bird registration ends September 15.
Programs cover the entire spectrum of topics related to providing services for and with young adults. This year’s theme is Biggest Little Spaces: How Libraries Serve the Expanding Worlds of Teens. New this year and included in registration is the Edwards Luncheon. Registration is open to anyone with an interest in young adult services and literature.
- Access to recordings of all sessions for one-year post event
- Opening Session: Space to Deal: How Authors Turn Real Life into Stories with Empathy, a conversation with authors Traci Chee, Sharon Flake, Alan Gratz, April Henry
- Author Breakfast (Saturday): Taking Space: Making Diverse Voices Heard in a Crowded Landscape, a conversation with Kim Johnson, Ryan La Sala, Anna-Marie McLemore, and Nic Stone.
- Edwards Luncheon: Hear from 2020 Edwards Award winning author Steve Sheinkin
- Author breakfast (Sunday): Pride of Space: LGBTQ+ Representation in YA, a conversation with George M. Johnson, Dahlia Adler, TJ Klune, and Aiden Thomas, moderated by Malinda Lo.
- Closing Session: Inner Spaces: Creating Compelling Characters Dealing with Tough Topics, a conversation with Romina Garber, Adib Khorram, Mark Oshiro, and Courtney Summers
Early Bird Registration Rates (Now – September 15)
- $129 YALSA Personal Member
- $199 ALA Personal Member (Join YALSA by phone: 800.545.2433)
- $39 Students (enrolled full-time in a library program)
- $249 Non-members (Join ALA/YALSA by phone: 800.545.2433)
Additional programs such as Friday pre-conferences can be added to registration for additional fees. View the list of programs and participating authors.
Register online or by phone at 312-280-4293. Learn more about the symposium at www.ala.org/yalsa/yasymposium. For questions or concerns, please contact Nichole O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) is to support library staff in alleviating the challenges teens face, and in putting all teens ‒ especially those with the greatest needs ‒ on the path to successful and fulfilling lives. For more information about YALSA or to access national guidelines and other resources go to www.ala.org/yalsa, or contact the YALSA office by phone, 800-545-2433, ext. 4390; or e-mail: email@example.com.