ALA announces slate of Executive Board candidates
For Immediate Release
American Library Association
On behalf of the ALA Council's Committee on Committees, ALA President-elect, Julius C. Jefferson, Jr. is very pleased to announce the following Councilors have been slated as candidates for the upcoming 2020 Midwinter Council Executive Board Election:
- Sara Dallas - System Director, Southern Adirondack Library
- Sandra Hirsh - Professor and Director, San Jose State University
- Susan Jennings - Dean of Library Services, Chattanooga State Community College
- Larry Neal - Library Director, Clinton-Macomb Public Library
- Alexandra Rivera - Student Success and Community Engagement Librarian, University of Michigan Library
- Eric Suess - Library Director, Marshall Public Library
THREE (3) candidates will be elected to the 2020-2023 ALA Executive Board. The first THREE (3) candidates receiving the highest number of votes will be elected to 3-year terms (2020-2023).
Immediately following the ALA Council II meeting on Monday, January 27, 2020, 10:00am-12noon, the ALA Executive Board Candidates Forum will be held from 12:15pm-1:15pm, in the Philadelphia Convention Center, Terrance IV Ballroom. The forum gives Council members an opportunity to hear the views of the candidates and to ask questions of them prior to voting. Councilors will cast their vote immediately following the Executive Board Candidates Forum. The election results will be reported at Council III on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
Thanks to all the Councilors who submitted their names for consideration in this importance process. Please be reminded that additional nominations may be made from the Council floor at Council I, Sunday, January 26, 2020, 9:00am-11:00am. Also, my thanks to members of the Committee on Committees for their excellent work in developing this slate of candidates!
Julius C. Jefferson, Jr.
Chair, Committee on Committees