2019 YALSA Digital Equipment Grant recipients announced
For Immediate Release
Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)
CHICAGO – The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA), a division of the American Library Association (ALA), has chosen 10 libraries to receive its 2019 Digital Equipment Grant.
The grant’s purpose is to provide libraries in need with funds to purchase digital equipment (video cameras, filming equipment, iPads, etc) for teens to use at the library. Each grant is worth $1,000. The grant is possible through the generous sponsorship from The Dollar General Literacy Foundation.
The recipients are as follows:
- Cotton, Matthew. Campus International High School; Cleveland, Ohio.
- Davis, Abby. Laurel (Delaware) Public Library
- Dettmann, Molly. Norman (Oklahoma) North Library
- Fox, Janis. Thomasville (North Carolina) Middle School Media Center
- Johnson, Christine. Attleboro (Massachusetts) Public Library
- Johnson, Jennifer. Kreutz Creek Library; York, Pennsylvania
- Krom, Joyce. Huntington Woods (Michigan) Library
- Mano, Matthew. Onslow County Public Library; Jacksonville, North Carolina
- Parks, Angela. Indian Creek Library; Olathe, Kansas
- Shortley, Ness. Horton Middle School; Pittsboro, North Carolina
For years, the Dollar General Literacy Foundation has provided Youth Literacy Grants to schools, public libraries, and nonprofit organizations in hopes to provide assistance in implementing and expanding literacy programs for youth. For more information about Dollar General and its Youth Literacy Grants, visit www.dollargeneral.com.
The mission of the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) is to support library staff in alleviating the challenges teens face, and in putting all teens ‒ especially those with the greatest needs ‒ on the path to successful and fulfilling lives. For more information about YALSA or to access national guidelines and other resources go to www.ala.org/yalsa, or contact the YALSA office by phone, 800-545-2433, ext. 4390; or e-mail: email@example.com.