As the world's biggest library event, the onsite ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition brings together thousands of librarians and library staff, educators, authors, publishers, friends of libraries, trustees, special guests, and exhibitors. Press passes include access to select events live-streamed through the Digital Experience.
Event highlights include:
- 700+ top authors and unforgettable speakers
- More than 550 expert exhibitors, featuring new products, services, and titles
- Quality and scope of educational programs, topics, and formats
- News You Can Use sessions with updates on policies, technology, and more
- Fun and entertaining networking activities and social events
Complimentary registration is available to credentialed journalists. Press badge holders are entitled to admission to Press Conferences and Briefings, Press Room, Exhibit Floor, ALA President’s Program, and Open ALA Business Meetings. Attendance at ticketed events — those that require pre-registration and/or a fee to attend, such as receptions or meals — is at the discretion of the sponsor/unit/committee.
Press members interested in registering should fill out a press registration form. To obtain a press badge, journalists must be currently employed by a news publication or organization and provide a letter of assignment on company letterhead. Please see the ALA Conference Media Credential Policy for details.
Please Note: Even if you have qualified for an ALA media badge in the past, you must re-qualify for each subsequent ALA conference.