As the world's biggest library event, the onsite Annual Conference & Exhibition brings together thousands of librarians and library staff, educators, authors, publishers, friends of libraries, trustees, special guests, and exhibitors. Press passes include access to select events live-streamed through the Digital Experience.
Event highlights include:
- 130+ top authors and unforgettable speakers
- More than 550 expert exhibitors, featuring new products, services, and titles
- Quality and scope of educational programs, topics, and formats
- News You Can Use sessions with updates on policies, technology, and more
- Fun and entertaining networking activities and social events
Complimentary registration is available to credentialed journalists. Press badge holders are entitled to admission to Press Conferences and Briefings, Press Room, Exhibit Floor, ALA President’s Program, and Open ALA Business Meetings. Attendance at ticketed events — those that require pre-registration and/or a fee to attend, such as receptions or meals — is at the discretion of the sponsor/unit/committee.
To obtain a press badge, journalists must be currently employed by a news publication or organization and provide a letter of assignment on company letterhead. Please see the ALA Conference Media Credential Policy for details. Please Note: Even if you have qualified for an ALA media badge in the past, you must re-qualify for each subsequent ALA conference. Proof of vaccination or negative PCR Covid test will be required. Also please note that masks will be required at all ALA events.
Press members interested in registering should fill out a press registration form. The deadline for advance registration is Thursday, June 25 at 5:00 p.m. ET. After this date, media representatives will need to register in person at the conference. Those who have registered in advance should pick up their press badges at the Press Registration Desk in the general ALA Registration area located in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Salon East.
Members of the media who have not registered in advance must register at the Press Registration Desk in the ALA Annual Registration area located in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Salon East. Please review the media qualifications to determine if you qualify for media registration. You must submit all documentation, as specified. No exceptions will be made.
The ALA Press Room is located in Show Office B1. You are welcome to visit the Press Room for event press releases, a device charging station, exhibitor press kits, and limited computer access (first-come, first-served). You also can schedule a time to use our onsite interview room, which will be located on the second level of the convention center, Room 205.
Questions? Contact the ALA Communications and Marketing Office at email@example.com.
|Day||Hours of Operation|
|Thursday, June 23||Closed|
|Friday, June 24||7:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday, June 25||7:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Sunday, June 26||7:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Monday, June 27||7:30 am – 2:00 pm|
|Tuesday, June 28||Closed|
Navigating ALA Annual Conference
On arrival, pick up your press badge at the Press Registration Desk in the general ALA Registration area located in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Salon East.
A selection of Main Stage, Education, News You Can Use, and Governance sessions at ALA Annual Conference are available online via The Digital Experience. To access online sessions, visit the Conference Scheduler and log in using your registration email and confirmation number. Then select the session you want to view and click the link to watch.
- The ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition to take place in Washington, D.C., June 23–28.
- Authors Jason Reynolds, Nancy Pearl join high schoolers to Unite Against Book Bans at world’s biggest library event in Washington, D.C., June 25
- Author, storyteller, and screenwriter R.L. Stine will present at the 2022 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition
- FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel to open 2022 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition
- ALA President Patricia “Patty” Wong to moderate Asian American Panel at ALA President’s Program in Washington, D.C., June 23-28, 2022
- Actor and children’s book author Channing Tatum to present at The Digital Experience at the 2022 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition in Washington, D.C.
- Comedian, actress, and author Tiffany Haddish will present at the 2022 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition in Washington, D.C.
- New York Times bestselling author Celeste Ng to present at the 2022 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition in Washington, D.C.
- Comic book artist and writer Kevin Eastman will present at the 2022 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition in Washington, D.C.
- The 2022 ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition offers a virtual opportunity — The Digital Experience
- Actor and author John Cho and journalist and author Maria Hinojosa will present at the 2022 Annual Conference & Exhibition in Washington, D.C.