Advocacy University is ALA’s initiative geared to providing tools, training and resources to library advocates to achieve real advocacy goals in real situations at the local level. Go there now and learn about these wonderful resources to help you in your advocacy work:
- Frontline Advocacy is designed to motivate, encourage, provide content, train, and educate librarians and library workers in seizing opportunities at all levels and especially from the front lines.
- Coalition Building Web Resource includes several best practices of successful library coalition building from around the country.
- Add It Up: Libraries Make the Difference in Youth Development and Education includes research and statistics to help advocates make the case for libraries at every stage of youth development.
- Advocating in a Tough Economy Toolkit includes talking points, statistics and data to help make the case for your library; strategies to help focus public attention and generate support; tips on how to connect with decision makers.
- Making Budget Presentations is coming soon!