Personal members may choose to pay in two equal installments when joining or renewing with a credit or debit card. Please note that contributions to ALA scholarships and endowment funds are not eligible for the installment plan.
Here’s how it works:
- Join or renew online only.
- Use a valid credit or debit card with an expiration date later than the end of the sixth month of that year’s membership.
- The first installment will be charged upon completion of your transaction. The second installment will be charged around the fifteenth day of the sixth month of your membership year.
- A $1.50 service charge will added to each installment.
- If your installment payment fails, ALA will attempt to contact you via email and the telephone number you provided to secure an alternate form of payment. If you have changed/updated your credit/debit card information, please be sure to contact us at 800-545-2433.
- If ALA cannot charge your second installment by the end of the sixth month, your ALA membership(s) will be canceled.
We hope that the installment payment option is helpful for you. Please contact us at 800-545-2433 or via email at email@example.com with questions about timing, to inquire about a pending installment, to follow-up on an outstanding installment payment or to report a credit card change.