- 2:30 PM-4:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:30 PM-3:00 PM (Central)
- 12:30 PM-2:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:30 AM-1:00 PM (Pacific)
This webinar will focus on how to create a comprehensive structure for successful project management within your library.
The management of projects, along with successful project management techniques and strategies, will be discussed with a focus on application regardless of library type. Resources that will be shared and examined during the webinar include: the project management workflow from the University of Minnesota Libraries; the project management work breakdown structure; and the University Libraries Project Management Handbook that was developed in 2017.
Participants will learn:
- The questions that need to be asked, and data that needs to be collected prior to implementing project management tools and techniques within libraries.
- The important role that administration buy-in plays in ensuring the success of library projects
- How to help staff write winning proposals for project ideas in order to get administration support.
- The important differences between management of projects and project management
- How to support an engaged staff that creates shared expectations and clear objectives.
Who Should Attend
Anyone responsible for ensuring the strong development and implementation of library projects.
Kirsten Clark, Director, Access & Information Services, University of Minnesota Libraries, Minneapolis, Minnesota
LLAMA member $49;
Non-LLAMA member $59;
LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $199;
Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $239
*Recordings are available for purchase for one year following the webinar presentation.
How to Register
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
Register with a purchase order or by mail: registration form (PDF, 1 pg.).
Can’t attend the live event? No problem! If you register, you will automatically receive a link to the recorded version for later viewing.
This webinar uses GoToWebinar software, which may require a small download, but is easily accessed by PC and MAC platforms.
For questions about this webinar or other LLAMA programs, contact Fred Reuland. firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Library Leadership and Management Association
The Library Leadership and Management Association (www.ala.org/llama) advances outstanding leadership and management practices in library and information services by encouraging and nurturing individual excellence in current and aspiring library leaders. LLAMA is a division of the American Library Association.