This webinar will focus on what library leaders need to know in order to create and showcase multimedia spaces and services as assets to the Library and to the community/campus.
Participants will gain:
- Perspective on the academic and cultural need to have such a space in the Library;
- Knowledge about the minimum space, equipment, hardware, software, and staffing requirements to have such an area;
- Multiple levels of service implementation ideas
- Insight into how adding an instruction and/or Multimedia Literacy program component can affect such a space and the community it is in;
- Perspective on what it means to work in and manage this type of MakerSpace;
- Learn from challenges, lessons learned, and future of these spaces.
Shelly McCoy is Librarian and Head of the Student Multimedia Design Center, a the University of Delaware Library. She also chairs ALA’s popular Video Round Table (VRT) online Multimedia Production Discussion Group. She draws on this experience to present a well-informed picture of successful multimedia production areas in libraries.