To organize, moderate, and distribute summaries of virtual and face-to-face discussions on topics of interest to new directors.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2020. Last retrieved on 11/30/2021. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Manage the community in ALA Connect.
- Organize and facilitate at least one virtual and one face-to-face session per year although more using any venue are encouraged.
- Record basic minutes/summaries or recordings of each session and distribute via ALA Connect.
Expected time commitment:
- 5-10 hours annually, to include regular virtual meetings and other work on deliverables
- In-person attendance at ALA Midwinter Meeting in January 2020 is not required
- In-person attendance at ALA Annual Conference in June 2020 may be recommended
Desired skills, knowledge, experience:
- Experience coordinating EDI initiatives in a large library, system, or other organization.
- Passion for conceptualizing and implementing a comprehensive EDI program.
- Experience increasing EDI awareness among leaders and directors.
- Individual workload capacity and flexibility needed to consistently meet deliverable deadlines.
Staff contact and role
- Kerry Ward, email@example.com, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, project support, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Assistance with outreach to members via email, social media, etc.
- Virtual meeting/conference call support.
- Group page in ALA Connect