To develop and implement a strategic communications and marketing plan that provides a unified approach to promotion of LLAMA activities, resources, continuing education offerings and volunteer opportunities across a variety of communication platforms.
NOTE: The LLAMA Marketing and Communications Committee will be guiding division strategy regarding communication with members about activities and benefits. The Marketing and Communications Community of Practice will continue to provide a venue and resources for members with professional interests in marketing and communications to learn from and connect with their colleagues.
A unified Marketing and Communications Plan (to be reviewed biennially) that will include:
- Key audiences
- Available communication channels
- Key messages
- Marketing and communication strategies and actions
- An annual schedule of communication and marketing activities and deadlines
- Procedures or guides for LLAMA Communities and other division teams for feeding content into the communication pipeline
- December 2019 - Initial draft Marketing and Communications Plan submitted to LLAMA Board
- January 2020 - LLAMA Board approval of Marketing and Communications Plan
Expected time commitment:
- 24-30 hours annually, to include regular virtual meetings and other work on deliverables
- In-person attendance at either the ALA Midwinter Meeting or Annual Conference is not required
Desired skills, knowledge, experience:
- Marketing, communications and public relations management experience, especially in a library setting.
- Knowledge of marketing and communications best practices.
- Individual workload capacity and flexibility needed to consistently meet deliverable deadlines.
Staff contact and role
- Kerry Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, project support, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, email@example.com, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Assistance with outreach to members via email, social media, etc.
- Virtual meeting/conference call support.
- Group page in ALA Connect