LLAMA Project Team
Charge: To explore the development of a group and programming for LLAMA that will help managers and administrators foster a systemic culture of innovation within their institutions. We will first conduct a needs assessment to find out what issues are most pressing for members both in terms of delivery format as well as topics of interest. Finally, we will identify any funding needs that may be associated with these activities.
Options to be explored:
- A community of practice to discuss and share ideas in various structured settings both face to face and virtually
- A committee to conduct programming and training-webinar series, conference programs, institutes (a la ACRL Immersion), workshops
- Access to materials-websites, handouts, etc. on how to integrate innovation into both daily workflows and strategic planning
- A fellowship type program where libraries can hire Innovation Fellows
- Speaker series and other events both f2f and virtual
- Marketing materials/messages for this website, LLAMA social media, etc.
Expected Time Commitment:
- Approximately 20 hours over one year for virtual collaboration and project work which will include designing and launching the needs assessment and writing a report with recommendations to be taken into consideration by the LLAMA Board. Eight hours per year in either virtual meetings or at ALA conferences
Desired skills, knowledge, experience:
- Knowledge of or experience with innovation and change management practices and theories, methods such as design thinking, pilots, prototyping, and emerging technologies.
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, email@example.com, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, project support, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Access to funding upon request and review
- Virtual meeting/conference call support