Community of Practice: Technology
Charge: To collect, organize, and disseminate information on management practices for all types of libraries.
- Focus on the management of technology and applications, rather than theory
- Encourage research and the development of standards
Expected Time Commitment:
- Eight hours per year in either virtual meetings or at ALA conferences
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Understanding or interest in library technolgy/applications
- Research skills
Staff Contact and roles:
- Kerry Ward, email@example.com, 800-5454-2433, ext. 5036. Overall management, committee charges/appointments, budget requests, etc.
- Fred Reuland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-545-2433, ext. 5032. Webinar production, program planning and scheduling, conference support, etc.
- Virtual meeting support
- Community leaders
- ALA Connect