Our community helps LIS students and new professionals gain the leadership and management skills they need as they lead from where they are and move into influential roles. Further, we promote existing programs in LLAMA and ALA that fall in line with this mission; if it's already happening, we are happy to connect people with those opportunities. The community also collaborates with groups across ALA to foster an atmosphere of leadership throughout the Association and our collective circles of influence.
Break Room Chats is an ongoing conversation about leadership and management at all points in a library and archives career. We speak with librarians taking diverse career paths about their challenges, achievements, and leadership learning curves. Episodes are about once a month.
- Leadership and the LLAMA New Professionals: An Interview with Tyler Dzuba, inaugural chair
- NPS 101 Webinar: Introduction to both LLAMA and NPS; overview of NPS, its genesis and structure, and what the teams were working on at the time of recording
- Recent Teams
- Conference Planning
- Connections Team
LLAMA volunteer opportunities will open in July 2019
- ALA JobList
- Awards, Grants & Scholarships
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Publishing Opportunities
- NPS Facebook Group
- Tweet us @LLAMA_NewPros!
- LLAMA LEADS: Blog featuring LLAMA news and information
- ALA Connect (Login required)
Conferences and Events
- 2020 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia, January 24-28; schedule & registration available now!
- 2020 ALA Annual Conference in Chicago, June 26-29; information available in February 2020