In cooperation with the web manager, LITA board, LITA staff, and the committee and interest group chairs, the web coordinating committee coordinates the updating and posting of material to the LITA website. The committee also handles routine maintenance tasks such as link checking, and makes policy recommendations to the board on issues such as page appearance, standards and technologies used on the site, and the use of outside contractors.
No roster found.
Displaying active committee roster as of 06/02/2023. Last retrieved on 06/02/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
Consists of about 15 people appointed from the membership, serving 2-year terms and led by the committee chair, who also serves for two years.
About this Committee
- Maintaining LITA's online web properties, which includes updating of content on lita.org for annual, midwinter, forum, elections, committee pages, etc. and applying updates to WordPress plugins
- Build new sites, usually in WordPress
- Work with LITA members to obtain the content & learn of desired changes. Need to reach out more for opportunities to add valuable content for other ALA divisions who are looking to LITA for tech answers
- Implement and manage UX, web analytics, and SEO
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 10-12 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Group members work an average of 5 hours per month
- January, February, March, May, June, July, September, October, November, December are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Experience building websites in WordPress, especially in WP theme manipulation
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML
- Drupal experience also good for the main site
- Good design skills
- Experience using and interpreting Google Analytics
- Knowledge or and experience with UX and user experience testing
- Working on a virtual team