The Publications Committee represents the broad publishing interest and concerns of all committees and interest groups of the division; it proposes and recommends division-wide publication policies to the LITA Board; and it advises and guides the editorial practices and operational details of the division's publications.
No roster found.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2023. Last retrieved on 04/01/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
- LITA publications list
- LITA Manual: Section 7: Publishing
- Information Technology and Libraries (ITAL), our open access, peer-reviewed journal
Consists of members from interest groups, editors of LITA publications, and Board and staff liaisons. The chair is an ex-officio member of the ITAL Editorial Board.
About this Committee
- Develops ideas and leads for new LITA publications
- Reviews manuscript proposals and supports the Acquisitions Editor
- Supports the work of the Information Technology And Libraries (ITAL) Editor and Editorial Board
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 4-6 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Group members work an average of 2 hours per month
- May and November are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Writing, editing, reviewing for publication
- Knowledge of scholarly communication
- Familiarity with topics and trends with technology and libraries
- Network of movers and shakers in library technology
- Plugged into different communities / conferences / venues related to technology and libraries
- Actively engaged as a member of LITA and reader of its publications