Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2020. Last retrieved on 09/29/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
The Education Committee typically consists of about 15 members, appointed from the membership. Committee members serve 2-year, staggered terms. The Education Committee Chair also serves as the LITA Representative to the ALA Education Committee.
About this Committee
- Annual call for proposals (CFP) – publicize and recruit potential presenters, evaluate proposals to ensure they align with LITA goals and online learning best practices, provide feedback to potential presenters
- Collaborates with other groups within LITA to create training series on specific topics (like the privacy series featuring the expertise of the Patron Privacy Interest Group)
- Updates and maintains documentation about procedures and processes
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 4-6 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Group members work an average of 4 hours per month
- February, March, April, and May are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Knowledge and skills related to instructional design/best practices for online learning
- Knowledge of LITA and its members' needs
- Experience designing and delivering online learning
- Prior experience serving on other LITA committees (preferred, not required)