- Application form for the Larew Memorial Scholarship (open September - February)
- LITA / Christian Larew Memorial Scholarship page
Appointment is for 1-year with no reappointment the following year, except that one member may be appointed chair for the following year and the immediate past chair serves as an ex officio advisor.
The Larew Memorial Scholarhip Committee's group in LITA Connect is private for Committee members only.
About this Committee
- Reviews applications for the scholarship (for 2018, there were 117 applicants). This is the bulk of the work, and it tends to be completed within a 2-4 week window.
- Selects the winner/top applicants. The chair reports the top 3 candidates in order to LITA's Executive director
- Chair only: Upon hearing the official winner, the chair contacts the winner to verify s/he still would want the award. If yes, then the chair also needs to collect a statement from the winner and provide a statement on why the candidate was selected
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 1-3 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Group members work an average of 5 hours per month in March, April, and May
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Discernment & reliability
- Some sort of IT, library, and leadership experiences