With so many possible career paths in libraries, the education, experience and skills required also vary quite a bit from job to job. It's best to have a general understanding of the type of position you are interested in (see types of library jobs), or jump to the areas listed on the left if you already know:
Special topics are discussed regarding educational requirements:
- Do I need a library science associate's degree?
- Do I need a library science master's degree?
- Choosing a library school
- Library Assistants and Technicians
- Library Managers
- Library Directors
- Other Professionals (human resources, accounting, network administrators, facilities managers, etc.)