Our community includes anyone in libraries, archives, museums, and information-related organizations interested in leading edge technology and applications for librarians and information providers, everyone from absolute beginners to hi-tech professionals. We address the planning, development, design, application, and integration of technologies within the library and information environment, the impact of emerging technologies on library service, and the effect of automated technologies on people.
Our work includes, but is not limited to:
- Identifying and adopting of best practices for inclusive practices and design;
- Making ALA information policy concrete for members and the profession by providing resources, tools, training, and community support for adoption and implementation;
- Helping librarians to understand emerging technologies and translate them into actionable plans for library services;
- Bridging the technology related needs and discussions across all types of libraries and operational areas.
Additional committees will be formed during our transitional year as the section Leadership Team begin working on goals and activities.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Libraries
- Collaborative Digitization
- Digital Conversion
- Instructional Technologies
- Linked Data
- Maker Technology
- Open Source Systems
- Women, Non-Binary, and Trans Workers in Library Technology