Studies and advocates for procedures and issues related to the cataloging of materials for children and youth (ages 0-18).
Examples of our work include, but are not limited to:
- Sharing best practices and knowledge in work areas that support collections and discovery;
- Identifying best practices for equity, diversity, and inclusion in the development and description of children’s and youth collections;
- Creation of and input on standards and best practices for description and access of children’s and youth information resources;
- Curate and create resources for programming related to the cataloging and organization of materials for children and youth
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/06/2022. Last retrieved on 12/06/2022. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
About this Committee
- Continuous assessment of children's cataloging
- Recommends solutions to issues in children's cataloging
- Keeps the profession informed by reporting committee actions promptly through appropriate communication channels
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 3-4 virtual meetings per year
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Interest or knowledge/experience in cataloging