To serve as a review and advisory committee for all matters concerning the acquisitions of resources (print, electronic and potential future formats); to act as a clearinghouse for issues of mutual concern to libraries and the information resources industry; to identify, study, and make recommendations or referrals on issues concerning the acquisition of resources in all formats; to gather, organize and disseminate information about advances in the acquisitions field; to communicate committee findings through appropriate channels; to identify and suggest formal liaison with other ALA committees.
This committee is part of the Metadata & Collections Section.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2023. Last retrieved on 12/10/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
About this Committee
- Ongoing communication of issues related to libraries and the continuing resources industry
- Recommendations or referrals on issues concerning the acquisition of continuing resources
- Organize and disseminate information about advances in the continuing resources acquisition field
Expected Time Commitment
- 2-4 virtual meetings a year
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Interest or experience in acquisitions and continuing resources
- Familiarity with other groups in this interest area