The ACRL/Core Interdivisional Academic Library Facilities Survey Editorial Board has oversight responsibility for ACRL’s annual Academic Library Facilities Survey including the development of an annual questionnaire on current facility demographics, facility repurposing projects, and anticipated building trends or issues. The Editorial Board also develops materials publicizing and encouraging participation by academic libraries in the annual ACRL Facilities Survey and continuously updates the "Academic Library Building Design: Resources for Planning" resource guide for planning library buildings and learning spaces.
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/03/2023. Last retrieved on 12/03/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
- ACRL/Core Interdivisional Committee on Building Resources Guide
- Editorial Board criteria is detailed in the ACRL Guide to Policies and Procedures
- View this group on ALA Connect
About this Committee
- Review existing resources, such as those available from ACRL, ARL, Core, EDUCAUSE, and other organizations as appropriate, for possible inclusion in the guide;
- Research additional tools for planning library and learning spaces;
- Recommend possible new outlets for promoting the Guide.
Expected Time Commitment
- Eight hours per year in either virtual meetings or at ALA conferences;
- Eight hours per year working on the guide/related projects.
- Busiest times of the year are September, October, February, and May.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Experience or interest in library building projects;
- Research skills;
- Some program planning experience is preferred but not required.