Our community brings together librarians, library workers, and design professionals to analyze, discuss, and share information related to academic, public, and school library buildings, equipment, and furnishings. We share ideas and knowledge to help members stay engaged on changing trends in organizational structures, services, staff operations, and facilities. We also identify and promote adoption of best practices for inclusive practices and design.
Topics addressed include, but are not limited to:
- Library site selection;
- Building planning and architecture;
- Library furniture and equipment;
- Interior design;
- Maintenance and security of buildings and property;
- Disaster recovery.
- Leadership Team
- ACRL/Core Interdivisional Academic Library Facilities Survey Editorial Board
- Architecture for Public Libraries
- Awards for Buildings and Interiors Subcommittee
- Buildings for College and University Libraries
- Library Interiors, Furnishings, and Equipment
- Planning and Design
Additional committees will be formed during our transitional year as the section Leadership Team begin working on goals and activities.