The committee shares and promotes circulation and access services best practices and innovation in all types of libraries; facilitates communication between practitioners; advances access and equity through the lens of circulation and access services. We strive to build community and engage colleagues through professional education and conversation about current, relevant issues and concerns.
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/10/2023. Last retrieved on 12/10/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
About this Committee
- Interest Groups - Plan, promote, and moderate group discussions on topics related to circulation/access services at least 2 times per year. Work with Core staff on conference or virtual scheduling as needed.
- Webinars - Develop occasional webinars on topics related to circulation/access services: Complete webinar proposal, identify presenters, and coordinate webinar logistics.
- Conference Programs - Develop Annual or Midwinter Conference Program on a topic related to circulation/access services: Complete and submit program proposal, identify presenters, coordinate program logistics, and host the program at the ALA Annual Conference.
- Resource Guide – Develop a LibGuide for resources relevant to Circulation and Access Services.
Expected Time Commitment
- Committee members average 12 hours per year with time commitments varying based on subcommittee projects.
- Committee meetings are held quarterly.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with circulation and access services trends, procedures, and current topics.
- Small group facilitation skills, presentation or programming skills, and program marketing skills are helpful but not required.