Provides a forum for discussion of a variety of issues related to authority control for online catalogs and for international sharing of authority of data.
This interest group is part of Core's Metadata and Collections Section.
Interest Group Leaders
Displaying active committee roster as of 09/21/2023. Last retrieved on 09/21/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
The group's conveners have committed to providing the following activities throughout the year:
- Facilitate year-round discussion in the ALA Connect group;
- Hold a virtual program or discussion during the year;
- Participate in Interest Group Week, which is held the first full week of March each year;
- Submit a program for consideration to be presented at the Core Exchange, Core Forum, or ALA Annual Conference;
- Hold an in-person discussion at the ALA Annual Conference.
Interest group members do not need to be members of Core, or even of ALA. Anyone with an ALA account can join a Core interest group in ALA Connect. Conveners must be Core members, but anyone can join or leave an interest group at any time.