Provides a forum for researching potential applications of Machine and Deep Learning in library science, including discussions, publications, and outreach to the wider Library community. Its goal is to educate librarians on uses of the complex techniques of machine learning and to provide a space for critically thinking both about new applications, and about the ethical and social impact of these technologies, as the field rapidly expands in the coming decade.
This interest group is part of Core's Technology Section.
Interest Group Leaders
Displaying active committee roster as of 10/23/2021. Last retrieved on 10/23/2021. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The group's conveners have committed to providing the following activities throughout the year:
- Facilitate year-round discussion in the ALA Connect group;
- Host at least one Core-wide e-Forum on a topic of broad interest within our area of focus;
- Plan an in-person group discussion (not a program) at the ALA Annual Conference;
- Hold a virtual program or discussion during the year (not as part of a conference);
- Develop a resource, product, or service for Core members.
Interest group members do not need to be members of Core, or even of ALA. Anyone with an ALA account can join a Core interest group in ALA Connect. Conveners must be Core members, but anyone can join or leave an interest group at any time.