We want to make sure everyone is finding their home in Core and how to get involved in your division. We're working as quickly as possible to build Core's new infrastructure. Anytime you have questions or want more information on our progress, please feel free to contact us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Core's elected leadership and staff are ready to help.
Find Community. Share Expertise. Enhance Your Career.
Connect with Us on Social Media
Subscribe to CoreTV for upcoming podcasts and join live discussions to stay up-to-date on current issue and learn from your peers.
Find Your Niche: Join an Interest Group or Section
Interest groups and Sections are a great way to get involved with Core while learning about emerging trends or issues in the core library world. Ask questions, share your own experiences, and stay current with the topics and issues that are important in your work. Log in to Core Connect to join an Core interest group or Section for free today!
Not sure which ones to join? Use our unique Core Involvatron 3000 to help you find the places in Core that best match your interests.
Share Your Expertise
- Teach a webinar or online course
- Present a program at the ALA Annual Conference (applications open in July each year and close in September)
- Submit an article to one of our peer-reviewed journals (published quarterly)
- Present a program at our annual professional conferences, Core Forum (October 2021) and The Core Exchange (October 2022)
- Volunteer to be on our popular Top Technology Trends panel discussion (applications open in September and January)
- Contribute to publication ideas with the editors of Core publications
Volunteer for a Committee
Give back and contribute to the Core library profession and volunteer for a committee. Serve as a resource to help build Core programming, advocacy, and sustain the member experience to keep libraries strong.
Participating on a committee is a great way to develop new skills, learn from your peers, help advance the mission of Core, and accomplish concrete goals. We need your talents! The volunteer form is open year-round to help fill any vacancies. The appointment process starts in February and finishes in April so that new committee members can begin on July 1.
We encourage all members to apply. We need the talent and skill of dedicated library professionals like you.
Have more questions on how to get involved in Core, please contact the Core Office at email@example.com.