Plans, coordinates, and implements the PR Xchange Event and Awards Ceremony at the ALA Annual Conference, which offers visitors the opportunity to view and take home sample promotional materials from libraries across North America, as well as to network with library marketing professionals. Oversees the PR Xchange Awards Competition, a national competition for the best library promotional materials in print and electronic formats from the past year. Solicits submissions and judging takes place throughout the year. Entries are appraised by a jury of marketing professionals on the quality of content, format, design, creativity, and originality. Winning projects are displayed at the PR Xchange Event, and certificates are distributed at the Awards Ceremony.
Displaying active committee roster as of 09/30/2023. Last retrieved on 09/30/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
About this Committee
- PR XChange Event at ALA Annual;
- PR XChange Awards Ceremony at ALA Annual;
- PR XChange Winning Display Boards;
- PR XChange Slideshow of winners.
Expected Time Commitment
- July-August = 3 hours
- September-November = 6 hours
- December = 6 hours
- March-April = 8 hours
- May = 10 hours
- June = 6 hours
- Day of the event at the ALA Annual Conference = 3 hours
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Ability to work remotely with technology on a complex organizational project;
- Ability to attend the ALA Annual Conference to help with PR Xchange Events and Awards Ceremony;
- Network of marketing professionals from which to solicit judges for the jury;
- Graphic design.