Develops and pursues a continuous campaign to recruit and retain members; engages members to improve the membership experience; provides a liaison to ALA membership services; advises the Core Board of Directors on policies relating to membership and dues; plans and monitors activities using Core's strategic and tactical plan as a framework.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2022. Last retrieved on 12/08/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
- Membership Assessment and Research Subcommittee
- Recruitment and Orientation Subcommittee
- Social Events and Networking Subcommittee
About this Committee
- Plans the Core Happy Hour at each year's ALA Annual Conference;
- Plans and hosts the Core 101 session at each year's ALA Annual Conference and Core Exchange/Forum;
- Runs the annual Core members survey and analyzes the data to make recommendations for improved and new programs and services;
- Plans and hosts two virtual member Town Halls each year.
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 10-12 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year;
- Group members work an average of 1-2 hours per month;
- March, April, May, and June are the busiest months of the year for this group because of planning for the ALA Annual Conference in June.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Curiosity and willingness to hear what members want from Core and make recommendations based on feedback;
- Knowledge of Core's work or areas of focus.