Solicits nominations and selects an individual to receive the Core Career LIFT Award, which is designed to support information professionals whose passion, actions, and everyday work warrants recognition and celebration.
The award consists of up to $1,500 that individuals may use on professional development including, but not limited to, ALA or Core membership dues, attending ALA Annual, LibLearnX, the Core Forum, or continuing education.
This award is sponsored by Core and OCLC.
Displaying active committee roster as of 09/22/2023. Last retrieved on 09/22/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
About this Committee
- Promotes the opening of the application process and solicits award nominations;
- Reviews submitted nomination packages and selects awardee;
- Chair/committee writes the announcement and citation.
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 1-2 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year;
- Group members work an average of 2 hours per month in January, February, and March.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Experience reviewing award applications is helpful but not required.
OCLC is a nonprofit global library cooperative providing shared technology services, original research and community programs so that libraries can better fuel learning, research and innovation. Through OCLC, member libraries cooperatively produce and maintain WorldCat, the most comprehensive global network of data about library collections and services. Libraries gain efficiencies through OCLC's WorldShare, a complete set of library management applications and services built on an open, cloud-based platform. It is through collaboration and sharing of the world's collected knowledge that libraries can help people find answers they need to solve problems. Together as OCLC, member libraries, staff and partners make breakthroughs possible.