Leads and coordinates international relations activities. Engages with counterpart groups of librarians abroad, particularly those in Core's areas of interest, and encourages participation in international conferences and other activities. Reviews and recommends to the Core Board candidates for IFLA section standing committees. Reviews and awards the Online Course Scholarship for Library Professionals from Developing Countries.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2021. Last retrieved on 02/01/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
About this Committee
- Annual recommendations for activities and outreach to further Core's support of international members and library groups
- A slate of Core candidates for IFLA section standing committees in years the division is asked to provide them
- Recipient of the Online Course Scholarship for Library Professionals from Developing Countries
Expected Time Commitment
- 1-2 planning meetings each year
- 1-2 virtual meetings when IFLA candidates are being reviewed
- 1-2 virtual meetings when scholarship applications are being reviewed
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Interest or experience in issues affecting libraries globally
- Previous participation or familiarity with IFLA sections and activities