Honors the life and accomplishments of Hugh C. Atkinson by soliciting nominations and recognizing the outstanding accomplishments of an academic librarian who has worked in the areas of library automation or library management and has made contributions (including risk taking) toward the improvement of library services or to library development or research. The award is jointly sponsored by Core and the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) and is funded by an endowment created by divisional, individual, and vendor contributions given in memory of Hugh C. Atkinson.
Terms are for four years.
Displaying active committee roster as of 10/20/2021. Last retrieved on 10/20/2021. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
About this Committee
- Review of applications and selection of award recipient
- Promote award application with Core/ACRL staff
- Periodic review and revise the scholarship criteria
Expected Time Commitment
- Ten hours for application review
- Committee member serves as chair in the fourth and final year of his/her term
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Significant experience with sponsoring division(s) and the profession