Solicits nominations and select an individual whose work brings to attention research that shows promise of having a positive and substantive impact on any aspect of the publication, storage, retrieval and dissemination of information technologies, or the processes by which information and data is manipulated and managed. This award is sponsored by Core and OCLC.
This award is currently paused.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2022. Last retrieved on 12/05/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
About this Committee
- Promotes the opening of the application process and solicits award nominations;
- Reviews submitted nomination packages and selects awardee;
- Chair writes the announcement and citation.
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 4-6 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year;
- Group members work an average of 2 hours per month in January, February, and March.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Familiarity with the award, awareness of current trends in library technology, or experience reviewing award applications.
OCLC is a nonprofit global library cooperative providing shared technology services, original research and community programs so that libraries can better fuel learning, research and innovation. Through OCLC, member libraries cooperatively produce and maintain WorldCat, the most comprehensive global network of data about library collections and services. Libraries gain efficiencies through OCLC's WorldShare, a complete set of library management applications and services built on an open, cloud-based platform. It is through collaboration and sharing of the world's collected knowledge that libraries can help people find answers they need to solve problems. Together as OCLC, member libraries, staff and partners make breakthroughs possible.