- Promotes, coordinates, and evaluates the development of Core's continuing education initiatives and offerings;
- Assists the content experts throughout the division, including sections, with the development and presentation of continuing education offerings and facilitates their work as needed;
- Assists in the delivery of continuing education offerings through a variety of formats and delivery mechanisms;
- Establishes, maintains, and promotes a comprehensive curriculum of continuing education offerings;
- Plans and monitors activities using the division's strategic and tactical plan as a framework
Paromita Biswas (Chair, July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2024)
Michelle Flinchbaugh (Chair, July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2024)
Paromita Biswas (Member, July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2025)
Tanya M. DiMaggio (Member, June 30, 2022, to June 30, 2024)
Ms. Kirsten Erickson (Member, July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2024)
Marlee Givens (Member, July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2024)
Mr. Jason Griffith (Member, July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2024)
Jeannette Ho (Member, July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2024)
Kathleen McElhinney (Member, July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2024)
Jen Montavon-Green (Member, July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2024)
Thomas Ferren (Staff Liaison, August 1, 2020, to June 30, 2025)
Julie Reese (Staff Liaison, August 1, 2020, to June 30, 2025)
Mia Blixt-Shehan (Staff, March 8, 2022, to December 31, 2025)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2023. Last retrieved on 03/31/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
Subcommittees have their own chairs. We also have marketing coordinators and e-forum coordinators.
- CE Assessment Subcommittee
- CE Webinar Development Subcommittee
- CE Webinar Production Subcommittee
- CE Webinar Technical Support Subcommittee
About this Committee
- This is a very hands-on committee that runs one e-forum per month and up to four webinars per month;
- Monitors evaluation surveys and makes recommendations to ensure continuous improvement;
- Liaison outreach to sections to ensure Core is providing professional development opportunities in all our areas of focus.
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 7-9 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year;
- Group members work an average of 8 hours per month reading eligible titles throughout the year;
- January, July, and August are the busiest months for this group.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Organizational and communication skills;
- Knowledge of online content delivery methods;
- Knowledge of at least one of Core's central areas of focus of buildings & operations, leadership & management, metadata & collections, preservation, and technology.