- Promotes, coordinates, and evaluates the development of Core's continuing education initiatives and offerings;
- Assists the content experts throughout the division, including sections, with the development and presentation of continuing education offerings and facilitates their work as needed;
- Assists in the delivery of continuing education offerings through a variety of formats and delivery mechanisms;
- Establishes, maintains, and promotes a comprehensive curriculum of continuing education offerings;
- Plans and monitors activities using the division's strategic and tactical plan as a framework;
- Plans, solicits, and evaluates content for Core webinars and classroom events.
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/03/2023. Last retrieved on 12/03/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
Subcommittees have their own chairs. We also have marketing coordinators and e-forum coordinators.
- CE Assessment Subcommittee
- CE Webinar Development Subcommittee
- CE Webinar Production Subcommittee
- CE Webinar Technical Support Subcommittee
About this Committee
- This is a very hands-on committee that runs one e-forum per month and up to four webinars per month;
- Monitors evaluation surveys and makes recommendations to ensure continuous improvement;
- Liaison outreach to sections to ensure Core is providing professional development opportunities in all our areas of focus.
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 7-9 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year;
- Group members work an average of 8 hours per month reading eligible titles throughout the year;
- January, July, and August are the busiest months for this group.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Organizational and communication skills;
- Knowledge of online content delivery methods;
- Knowledge of at least one of Core's central areas of focus of buildings & operations, leadership & management, metadata & collections, preservation, and technology.