Each year Core sponsors AvramCamp, a safe and welcoming space for women and non-binary technology library workers to explore common challenges faced, learn strategies for dealing with them, and discuss specific tools to build confidence,
This Committee plans and runs AvramCamp, which is held at the ALA Annual Conference; creates the day's schedule; handles the scholarship application, selection, and notification process; creates the evaluation survey and sends it to participants; and writes a summary report after the event.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2021. Last retrieved on 11/30/2022. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
The committee typically consists of up to 10 members, appointed from the membership. Committee members serve for one year with an option for one reappointment.
About this Committee
- Plan the schedule for the AvramCamp preconference at the ALA Annual Conference;
- Runs the day's events onsite;
- Solicit applications for scholarships to attend AvramCamp, select recipients based on a rubric, and notify recipients;
- Create the evaluation survey and send it to participants;
- Write summary report based on survey responses;
- Works with Communication Coordination Committee during the spring to disseminate announcements and scholarship application.
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 7-10 virtual meetings;
- Group members work an average of 2 hours per month;
- February, April, and May are the busiest months, with the preconference taking place on the Friday of Annual Conference.