Each year Core sponsors AvramCamp, a safe and welcoming space for women and non-binary technology library workers to explore common challenges faced, learn strategies for dealing with them, and discuss specific tools to build confidence,
This Committee plans and runs AvramCamp, which is held at either Core Forum or ALA Annual Conference (the event may be in person or virtual, depending on the year); creates the day's schedule; handles the scholarship application, selection, and notification process; creates the evaluation survey and sends it to participants; and writes a summary report after the event.
Displaying active committee roster as of 02/06/2023. Last retrieved on 02/06/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
The committee typically consists of up to 10 members, appointed from the membership. Committee members serve for one- or two-year terms with an option for reappointment not to exceed four years consecutively.
About this Committee
- Plans the schedule for the AvramCamp preconference at Core Forum or ALA Annual Conference; the Core President/President-elect/Past President will determine if it is held at Core Forum or ALA Annual;
- Runs the day's events onsite in-person or virtually;
- Solicits applications for scholarships to attend AvramCamp, select recipients based on a rubric, and notify recipients;
- Creates the evaluation survey and send it to participants;
- Writes summary report based on survey responses;
- Works with other Core committees, sections, and staff to disseminate announcements and the scholarship application.
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 7-10 virtual meetings;
- Group members work an average of 2 hours per month.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Organizational, project management, and planning skills;
- Empathy for and an understanding of the challenges facing women and non-binary technology workers in libraries;
- Education, training, and/or adult development;
- Event planning.