Matches in the ALSC Mentoring Program may choose to use outside sources to improve their match. Below is a bibliography of resources that might help mentors and mentees:
ALSC mentoring matches are not required to work a project. Some matches, however, as part of their goals, choose to work on a project that might contribute something to their career development or to the field.
Examples from the ALSC Blog
In the past, ALSC matches have written blog posts for the ALSC Blog. Check out the resources and information posted by mentors and mentees to the ALSC Blog. If your match would like to write a blog post, please see the Guest Post Guidelines.
Academic Library Articles
- Byington, Teresa. "Keys to Successful Mentoring Relationships." Journal of Extension. December 2010. Volume 48. No. 6.
- Ross, Kevin M. "Purposeful Mentoring in Academic Libraries." Journal of Library Administration. 2013. Volume 53. Issue 7-8, pp 412-428.
Blog Posts and Other Resources
- Horoszowski, Mark. "How to Build a Great Relationship with a Mentor." Harvard Business Review. January 2020
- "How to Build a Successful Mentor Relationship." Together. June 2020
- Bradford, Laurence. "8 Tips for an Amazing Mentor Relationship." Forbes. January 2018.