1. To review, update, and build on the Newbery Caldecott Mock Elections Toolkit, including expanding the scope of the toolkit to include other ALSC awards.
2. To develop recommendations for supplemental mock awards elections merchandise, to be available for purchase from the ALA Store.
3. To regularly report to the ALSC Board through the duration of the project.
Displaying active committee roster as of 10/04/2023. Last retrieved on 10/04/2023. Members can log in and refresh the page to view full contact information for committee members.
The Mock Awards Elections Toolkit Task Force consists of six (6) virtual members: five members appointed from the ALSC membership at large and one chair. The task force is supported by Priority Group Consultants for Awards (PGC V) as well the ALSC Communications Program Officer as staff liaison and a liaison from the ALSC Board of Directors.
Term of appointment: August 2022 through the end of the 2023 Annual Conference.
Established in 2022 at the request of the ALSC Board of Directors.
Vital professional associations are the result of engaged and committed member leaders! If you are interested in serving ALSC on a committee, please read and complete the online volunteer form.
- Process committees (non-award committees) are appointed in early spring (Jan-May)
- Award and evaluation committees are appointed in early fall (July-Oct)
- Replacement positions pop up and are filled throughout the year (ongoing)
The Vice-President/President-Elect begins making his/her process committee appointments in February/March. In August/September, after being seated as President, he/she will then begin filling fall appointments.
Learn More about ALSC Committees and Volunteering
alsc at ala.org