Home | About the Institute | ALSC Connection | General Sessions | Housing | Programs | Registration | Schedule | Sponsors | Covid-19
2022 ALSC National Institute Programs: Call for Presentations
The proposal submission window has now closed. Programs will be notified in early 2022 as to the status of their program submission.
The Association for Library Service to Children is currently seeking program proposals for the 2022 ALSC National Institute in Kansas City, MO, September 29-October 1, 2022.
- Participants attending ALSC programs are seeking valuable education experiences and are critical of presenters or sessions that are self-promotional. The Program Coordinating Committee, who reviews and determines whic programs are selected for presentation, will not select a sessions that suggests commercial sales or self promotion. Presentations should provide a valuable learning experience and avoid being too limited in scope.
- The deadline for proposals is Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 11:59pm CT.
- You will receive an email confirmation after submitting your proposal. Please contact Sarah Polen, Program Officer for Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this email acknowledgement. Late proposals will not be considered.
- The committee will begin discussions regarding the proposals over December and January. The Program Coordinating Committee will notifiy participations of program acceptance by late January 2022.
- Presenters of programs at ALSC National Institute will receive a discounted registration rate.
Completing the Proposal Form
To submit your program proposal, you will need to complete this online form. The form cannot be saved; once you enter your information you must submit it. Submitted information cannot be updated.
Once you have submitted your proposal you will receive an automated confirmation email. Please contact Sarah Polen, Program Officer for Continuing Education, at email@example.com if you do not receive this email acknowledgement. Late proposals will not be considered.
Other Important Information
- The ALSC program budget is limited. ALA/ALSC policy state that ALA/ALSC members do not receive payment for presenting programs. This includes honoraria, reimbursements for expenses related to travel, and registration fees. (All accepted presenters will receive a registration fee discount.)
- All programs are no more than 75 minutes in length. Depending on the number of accepted programs, presenters may be asked to present their program twice, in order for as many participants to hear their presentation as possible.
- Please review the ALA Personal Data Notification: http://www.ala.org/personal-data-notification