Restoring a Letter

Dear Donia,
I have a letter that needs to be restored. How do I go about finding someone to restore it?

William Penn

Q. Dear Donia,

My family has a letter from William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania, to James Logan, Provincial Secretary of Pennsylvania and business agent of the Penn family. It is from August 1708 and is glued onto paper. We would like to have it restored but we don't know where or whom would do this. Can you give us any direction? Thanking you in advance for any and all help, Lynn

A. Dear Lynn,

What a wonderful piece of family history to have! Luckily for you, you have a very good conservation center in your backyard. The Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts (CCAHA) is in Philadelphia and should be your first call. 
If the Center can't help you, the best way to find a reputable conservator in your area is to consult the American Institute for Conservation's "Find a Conservator" page. Simply put in your zip code and select a specialty (in this instance you would pick "Book in Paper"). If you have never worked with a conservator before, be sure to read the information that AIC supplies as it will make for a better experience all around. I hope you are able to find someone! 
Good luck with your project!