June 15 - June 19, 2015
Rev Up to ALA Annual by participating in the ALCTS Photo Scavenger Hunt. Running Monday, June 15 through Friday, June 19 the week before Annual Conference, you can score points by snapping photos of people, places, and things in your home-town library and community.
Score the most points and you can win from our collection of fabulous prizes:
- 1st Place: $75 ALA Store Voucher
- 2nd Place: ALCTS Continuing education Certificate (1 free individual webinar registration)
- 3rd Place: $15 Starbucks Gift Card
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #alctsac15 and #alaac15
How to Play
Snap photos of the scavenger hunt items and post them online to score points
The day's scavenger hunt items will be posted to the ALCTS ANMIG page in ALA Connect and on the Flicker group discussion board by 9 a.m. Eastern | 8 a.m. Central | 7 a.m. Mountain | 6 a.m. Pacific time each day.
Post your photos to your Flickr, Twitter, OR Instagram account and be sure to tag them with #alctsac15 and #alaac15.
Follow the Rules
- You must post all of your photos to one social media site—do not split them up across multiple sites or you will lose points, i.e., If you post half of your photos to Twitter and half to Instrgram, only half of your photos will count.
- If using Flickr, you must join the ALCTS Rev Up to Annual 2015 Flickr Group, and ADD your photos to the group.
- Post photos of the daily scavenger hunt items before the end of the day to earn full points. You can post photos of the previous day's list, but you'll only earn half the points.
- All photos must be easily identifiable. Adding a caption describing your photo would help us greatly when tabulating points.
- All photos must be posted according to the rules by midnight Pacific Time on Friday, June 19.
Winners will be decided by point totals and any ties will be broken by random drawing.
Winners will be announced following the contest and prizes will be redeemed through Julie Reese in the ALCTS Office.
The best photos will be posted to the ALCTS News with credit to the individual and their library.
For questions or comments, contact Julie Reese at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow ALCTS on Twitter and Facebook to receive game updates.
The Association for Library Collections & Technical Services is a division of the American Library Association.