a 2015 ALCTS Preconference
Thursday, June 25, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. | event code: ALC4 | Register
This preconference workshop will provide practical information on the descriptive cataloging of children's materials, using RDA and MARC21. Attendees will participate in hands-on exercises which will include using tools and documentation in support of cataloging with RDA. Children's materials that will be covered include:
- video recordings
- sound recordings
- video games
- three-dimensional objects
- books with accompanying material in a special format
- two-dimensional materials such as pictures and flash cards.
- Jay Weitz, Senior Consulting Database Specialist, OCLC Online Computer Library Center
- Julie Renee Moore, Catalog Librarian for Special Collections and Special Formats, Henry Madden Library, California State University, Fresno
Catalogers and other Technical Services Librarians and staff from Academic, Special, Public, and School Libraries that have special formats such as video recordings, sound recordings, video games, three-dimensional objects, kits, games, and two-dimensional materials such as pictures and flash cards.
Register through the ALA Annual Conference web site. Add this preconference to your conference registration or register for this preconference alone.
The price of this full-day preconference is:
- $219 for ALCTS members (remember to use code ALCTS2015 to receive the discounted price)
- $269 for ALA members
- $319 for nonmembers
A continental breakfast and light refreshments during breaks will be provided.
Online Audiovisual Catalogers (OLAC)
Additional ALCTS Events at Annual Conference
For a listing of other conference events, visit the ALCTS conference web page.