a 2015 ALCTS Preconference
Friday, June 26, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. | event code: ALC1 | Register
The provision of streaming media services are a challenge for academic libraries. This workshop will address new issues and trends in acquisition, management, and licensing for streaming media and other digital distribution conduits. Topics that will be covered include:
- collection development
- acquisition models
- issues in acquisitions and workflow management
- delivery systems and platforms
- standard licensing models and scenarios for various types of digital media
- distribution rights
- emerging digital resources
- deg farrelly, Media Librarian/Streaming Video Administrator, Arizona State University Libraries
- Cindy Kristof, Head, Copyright and Document Services, Kent State University Libraries
- Wendy Collins, VP, Digital Strategy, Infobase Learning
- Olivia Humphrey, CEO, Kanopy
- Diane Robson, UNT Media Library
- David Parker, Vice President, Editorial and Licensing, Alexander Street Press
Individuals who manage the collection, acquisition, selection, and licensing for streaming media, datasets, and games in academic libraries.
Register through the ALA Annual Conference web site. Add this preconference to your conference registration or register for this preconference alone.
The price of this full-day preconference is:
- $219 for ALCTS members (remember to use code ALCTS2015 to receive the discounted price)
- $269 for ALA members
- $99 for retired members and student members
- $319 for nonmembers
A continental breakfast and light refreshments during breaks will be provided.
ALCTS Continuing Resources Section (CRS) Acquisitions
Cosponsors: ALCTS Acquisitions Section (AS) Organization and Management Committee and ALCTS AS Research and Statistics Committee
Additional ALCTS Events at Annual Conference
For a listing of other conference events, visit the ALCTS conference web page.