- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
This webinar was presented on October 30, 2019. Access the recording and materials now:
This is part three of the three-part series A Compass for the Digital Frontier.
- be introduced the digital preservation assessment process;
- learn how a digital preservation assessment can benefit their institution;
- see how other institutions have successfully used assessment to improve their digital preservation practice; and
- be able to identify resources to aid them in performing an assessment internally and/or through a consultant.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is intended for staff at libraries and cultural heritage institutions with an interest in, or responsibility for, digitized materials. It is also appropriate for students and those new to digital preservation.
Frances Harrell is the Lead Consultant for Myriad, a consulting group serving libraries, archives, museums, and private collectors. She has over ten years of experience working with cultural heritage organizations, focusing on digitization and digital preservation. She has spent that time helping libraries, archives, and museums achieve their preservation goals through consulting and training in paper, photograph, audiovisual, and digital collections. She is the Co-Chair of ALA's Preservation Outreach Committee, and has served as the co-chair of ALA's Digital Preservation Interest Group and Chair of SAA's Preservation Section. She received her MLIS from Simmons College and her BA in English Literature from the University of Florida.
A recording of this webinar is now available since the six-month date of the presentation has passed.
How to Register
No registration required.
Computer with Internet access (high-speed connection is best) and media player software. Headphones recommended.
ALCTS webinars are presented through GoToWebinar. Check to see if your system supports GoToWebinar.